OUR PLANET - NETFLIX UK
Update: Giveaway winners announced below!
Eight-part Natural History series launches globally on Netflix: Friday 5th April 2019.
World-renowned naturalist Sir David Attenborough will serve as the voice of upcoming Netflix original documentary series.
The ground-breaking, eight-part series will showcase the planet's most precious species and fragile habitats, revealing amazing sights on Earth in ways they’ve never been, seen using the latest in 4k camera technology.
The ambitious four-year project has been filmed in 50 countries across all the continents of the world, with over 600 members of crew capturing more than three and a half thousand filming days.
The series will focus on the breadth of habitat diversity around the world, from the remote Arctic wilderness and mysterious deep oceans to the vast landscapes of Africa and diverse jungles of South America.
Speaking at WWF's State of the Planet Address event in London, Sir David Attenborough said:
“Our Planet will take viewers on a spectacular journey of discovery showcasing the beauty and fragility of our natural world. Today we have become the greatest threat to the health of our home but there’s still time for us to address the challenges we’ve created, if we act now. We need the world to pay attention. Our Planet brings together some of the world’s best filmmakers and conservationists and I’m delighted to help bring this important story to millions of people worldwide.“
The partnership with WWF enables the series to be part of a wider global project which will help inspire people around the world to discover why our natural world matters. From a wealth of online resources to educational programmes for schools, the project will go beyond just showcasing the wonders of our planet to reveal what we must do now to ensure people and nature can thrive.
Alastair Fothergill, Director at Silverback, said: ‘Our Planet is our most ambitious endeavour to date, we hope it will inspire and delight hundreds of millions of people across the world so they can understand our planet, and the environmental threat it faces, as never before. The crew have ventured to all corners of the globe to capture breathtaking natural history sequences and using the latest filming technology to bring these never-filmed-before moments into people’s homes. By launching on Netflix at the same time all over the world, this series will enable people to connect to and understand the shared responsibility we all have. We are genuinely all in this together.”
Lisa Nishimura, Vice President of Netflix Original Documentaries, said: ’Our Planet is a phenomenal achievement by Alastair Fothergill, Keith Scholey and all at Silverback Productions, and a spectacular voyage of discovery around the world. We are delighted that Sir David Attenborough will voice the series and that Netflix, as a global platform, is able to bring this vital and magical series to an audience of over 190 countries worldwide next year"
Colin Butfield, Executive Director of WWF-UK and Executive Producer of Our Planet, said: ‘We’re the first generation to know the full impact of what we’re doing to our planet, and the last that has the chance to do anything about it.
“We’re at a unique moment in our history where we have the chance to put things right and start on the path towards a better future. Our Planet will showcase the wonders of our world at the critical time when we need global action to protect it.’
A companion book to the series Our Planet, by Alastair Fothergill, Keith Scholey with Fred Pearce will be published in April by Transworld.
BELFAST ODEON SCREENING - TICKET GIVEAWAY
Netflix has provided us with three pairs of tickets to giveaway, to a special screening of Our Planet, a new Netflix documentary series narrated by Sir David Attenborough, at the Belfast Odeon on 4th April 2019. Doors open 6:00pm.
Watch a live stream of the Global Premiere from London’s Natural History Museum attended by Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales, The Duke Of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex, followed by an exclusive screening of the first episode ahead of series launch on Netflix.
Enjoy interviews with ambassadors, celebrities and some very special guests, to celebrate the launch of this groundbreaking new series.
Good luck! Full terms & conditions further below.
** UPDATE: WINNERS ANNOUNCED **
Thanks to all who entered our giveaway! To make sure you don’t miss out on future promotions like this, plus lots of free activity ideas for creating your own adventure, sign up to our Newsletter here
The three winners, selected at random are:
Hannah Parker (Facebook entry)
Hannah Smith (Instagram entry)
Stef Louise Mcclatchey (Facebook entry)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Promotion is run by NIEXPLORER.com, with tickets made available by Netflix UK.
2. Giveaway open to Northern Ireland residents aged 18 years and over, except employees, families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the parties mentioned above.
3. By entering, you agree to be contacted by NI EXPLORER about the giveaway and for NI EXPLORER to use the information submitted for any purpose in connection with the promotion only.
4. Giveaway starts on Tuesday 2nd April 2019 at 9.00am and closes on Wednesday 3rd April 2019 at 8.59am.
5. There will be three winners, each winning a pair of tickets to the special Our Planet screening in the Odeon Cinema, Belfast on Thursday 4th April 2019.
6. Entry to the giveaway is by mentioning on the NI EXPLORER Facebook or Instagram giveaway posts who the entrant would bring if they won.
7. Only one entry per person, per channel (i.e. someone may enter maximum twice, by commenting on both Facebook and Instagram). Winners will be selected at random across all entries on Facebook and Instagram.
8. The winners will be announced after the giveaway has closed and before 11am on Wednesday 3rd April 2019 on this page. Winner will be contacted via private message on the respective platform that they entered on, and will have 12 hours to accept prize, otherwise a new winner will be drawn.
9. Winners will each be sent a link to redeem their pair of tickets for Thursdsay night.
10. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternatives in whole or in part are available.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering this promotion you understand that you are providing your information to NI EXPLORER and not to Facebook or Instagram. Your information will not be used for any other purpose than to be contacted if you have been chose as the winner.
12. NI EXPLORER reserves the right to vary, alter or terminate this promotion due to unforeseen circumstances. The decision of NI EXPLORER is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.