BALMORAL SHOW 2019
BALMORAL SHOW 2019
Today we joined principal Show sponsor, Ulster Bank, to kick off the coundown to the 2019 Balmoral Show - Northern Ireland’s largest agri-food event.
Check out a few of our snaps below for a taster of what to expect, plus a chance to win tickets for your family or friends.
Update 04 Apr 2019: Ticket giveaway winner announced below!
IT’S ALL IN THE SHOW!
The Royal Ulster Agricultural Society (RUAS) today launched the 151st Balmoral Show in partnership with Ulster Bank.
Taking place at Balmoral Park, Lisburn from 15-18 May 2019, the Show prides itself on offering something for everyone.
With more than 650 trade stands to browse, the NI Food Pavilion showcasing the very best of local produce, hundreds of competitions and classes, and a wide range of family entertainment and attractions, is not to be missed.
Alan Crowe, RUAS Chief Executive, said: “We are delighted to officially launch the 2019 Balmoral Show. With just seven weeks until our doors open we are excited about all that this year’s Show has to offer visitors. The Show continues to grow every year with many exciting new additions and this year is no exception. Of course local agriculture remains at the heart of Balmoral and we are thrilled to see a marked increase in many of the livestock sectors; competition will be fierce for the prestigious Balmoral titles.’’
Nigel Walsh, Director, Corporate & Commercial Banking, Ulster Bank, said: “The Balmoral Show encapsulates everything that is great about our local food and agriculture industries and, after 10 years as the Show’s principal sponsor, we believe this partnership brings Ulster Bank even closer to our customers operating in these sectors and makes it easier for us to show how we can meet their needs.
“Throughout the last decade, the Show has significantly broadened its appeal without losing its roots in agriculture – it showcases NI’s farm-to-fork processes really well along with being a fantastic family day out. Ulster Bank is proud to be associated with an event of this calibre.
We are looking forward to meeting our customers across the four days of the Show and demonstrating Ulster Bank’s ongoing commitment to a sector that is of the utmost importance for the wider economy.”
As always, there will be top class attractions at this year’s Show.
New to the Main Arena for 2019, The Jason Smyth Adrenaline Tour Stunt Show will wow crowds with amazing motorbike and quad stunts. Another new act, Celtic Storm Irish Dancers are sure to entertain with their dazzling dance moves.
Also new for the 2019 Show, is the return of the Best Dressed Competition, ‘Best Dressed Balmoral Style’. Judge and Host, Cool FM’s Rebecca McKinney will crown the most appropriately dressed country lady and gent on the Saturday, registration is on the day at the Downtown Show Stage and there are fantastic prizes on offer from Dubarry and Ireland’s Blue Book.
The Eikon Shopping Village offers top class shopping with a wide array of products to browse, from ladies clothing to homeware and much more. The FSB Business Pavilion provides a platform for agri related businesses to network over the four days.
For family fun, the SPAR Arena is a must, with a wealth of entertainment on offer including sheepdog displays and ferret races. For younger visitors, the Tesco Children’s Farm is a firm favourite, offering the chance to hold and feed the baby animals. The Fun Fair is also a highlight for the Show’s younger visitors.
Once again the Downtown Show Stage will be home to impressive musical acts including, Derek Ryan, Ireland’s Garth Brooks- Jason Hughes, The Ennis Brothers and many more. The Young Farmer’s Clubs of Ulster bring their usual engaging programme to this year’s Show, including, Tractor Handling, the ever popular Tug of War and the Floral Art Competition.
The Healthy Horticulture Area continues to develop, highlights include CAFRE’s marquee which showcases career prospects within the Horticulture industry. The Horticulture Forum’s Growers Marquee, housing local growers of fruit, vegetables and cut flowers. The Tasting Theatre focusing on supplying visitors with simple and healthy dishes centred on local fruit and vegetables.
Alan concluded by saying, ‘‘Balmoral promises a fun-filled day out, with so much to see and do there really is something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a family day out, fantastic food or the chance to see exceptional livestock displays, it’s all in the Show.
‘‘We are as always indebted to our sponsors for their continued support, especially our principal sponsor Ulster Bank and our six platinum sponsors Lidl, M&S, SPAR, Tesco, ABP and Fane Valley.’’
This year’s Show will run from Wednesday 15th to Saturday 18th May - that’s four action packed days of family fun. Come along and visit us this year, whether you’re from the city or countryside, a first time visitor or repeat show-goer, we hope to see you there.
Discounted pre-show tickets are available to purchase online at www.balmoralshow.co.uk
Many thanks to all who entered across our Facebook and Instagram channels.
The winner, drawn at random, is Laura Simpson!
(We’ve sent you a message Laura)
Check back soon for more on this year’s show
FREE Northern Ireland Adventure Ideas
Register for our free newsletter - you’ll get the latest road trip and adventure ideas, giveaways, events news and local promotions straight to your inbox. Register here.
GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Promotion is run by NIEXPLORER.com, in conjunction with JComms, on behalf of Ulster Bank
2. Giveaway open to Northern Ireland residents aged 18 years and over, except employees, families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the parties mentioned above.
3. By entering, you agree to be contacted by the parties involved about the giveaway and for the parties to use the information submitted for any purpose in connection with the promotion only.
4. Giveaway starts on Wednesday 27th March 2019 at 9.00pm and closes on Thursday 4th April 2019 at 11.59am.
5. There is one prize - entry to the 2019 Balmoral Show for four people. The winner can choose which of the four days they wish to attend.
6. Entry to the giveaway is by mentioning on the NI EXPLORER Facebook or Instagram giveaway posts who the entrant would bring if they won. Note that there will be two giveaway posts on each channel.
7. Only one entry per person, per channel (i.e. someone may enter maximum twice, by commenting on both Facebook and Instagram). Winner will be selected at random across all entries on Facebook and Instagram.
8. The winner will be announced after midday Thursday 4th April 2019 via the NIEXPLORER.com website (a link to this will be posted on the NI EXPLORER Facebook and Instagram pages). Winner will be contacted via private message on the respective platform that they entered on, and will have 48 hours to accept prize, otherwise a new winner will be drawn.
9. The winner’s contact details will then be passed to organising parties to arrange tickets for the show.
10. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternatives in whole or in part are available.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering this promotion you understand that you are providing your information to the parties involved and not to Facebook or Instagram. Your information will not be used for any other purpose than to be contacted if you have been chose as the winner.
12. NI EXPLORER and the parties involved reserve the right to vary, alter or terminate this promotion due to unforeseen circumstances. The decision of NI EXPLORER is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.