**UPDATE Wednesday 21st Aug 2019**
Giveaway closed and winner announced further below!
Last week, Jeep Belfast asked if we’d like to take their All-New 4x4 Wrangler Overland for a while.
In the calmest voice possible, we said ‘sure*…’
(*trying to hide all signs of childish excitement).
As you know, this ain’t Top Gear.
So switch off now if you’re expecting 0-60 timings and spec.
Instead, we had a think…made a few calls…and put together an adventure…with the chance for you to win it too.
Here’s what we got up to...
(Giveaway details further below.)
Leaving from Belfast, we headed in the direction of Limavady, taking the scenic route through one of Northern Ireland’s most stunning locations.
An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Binevenagh Mountain, Forest and wider area have to be on your NI bucket list.
And for endless views over Benone, Magilligan and as far as the Inishowen Peninsula in Co Donegal, get yourself onto the Bishops Road.
You’ll find Manannán mac Lir, the mythical Irish sea god perched at the very top. This is Gortmore viewing point.
With the beaches of Magillgan and Downhill either side, Benone is probably the most popular access point to seven beautiful miles of golden sand.
And if you don’t know already, yes you can drive on it.
We spent a few hours here with the guys from Long Line Surf School…
…having brilliant fun as we tried our best to stay on our boards longer than 5 seconds.
And thanks to the great coaching, we were up and thinking we were pros in no time.
Long Line also offer stand up paddleboarding (SUP) lessons and equipment/gear hire. We were meant to do this as well, but completely lost track of time with the surfing.
Great excuse to come back another day!
SWANNS BRIDGE GLAMPING
Long Line’s SUP activities take place on the River Roe, a few miles down the road from where we were surfing.
This is also where you’ll find the most adventure-tastic accommodation at Swanns Bridge Glamping.
Each bell tent/pod/yurt has its own private seating area and fire pit.
The perfect way to end a day of outdoor activities - listening to the sounds of nature, but with ‘a bit of glam’, as they say.
Ready to refresh with a bit of outdoors fun?
Read on for how you can get involved…
And make sure you’re registered for our free email newsletter, so you never miss out on adventure ideas and giveaways like this.
OUTDOORS ADVENTURE GIVEAWAY
WIN an amazing adventure for four people…
Your own Jeep Wrangler 4x4 for 48 hours from Jeep Belfast
An overnight stay at Swanns Bridge Glamping
Surf lessons and board hire with Long Line Surf School (alternatively you can choose Stand Up Paddleboarding instead)
…to everyone that entered on Facebook and Instagram.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future giveaways, adventure and activity ideas by quickly registering for our free email newsletter here after.
The winner, drawn at random, is Rachel Annan, who entered on Instagram. Congrats (we’ve sent you a message Rachel).
Again, thanks to all for entering, sharing and supporting the NI EXPLORER channels :)
Terms & Conditions
2. Giveaway open to Northern Ireland residents aged 21 years and over, except employees, families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the parties mentioned above.
3. By entering, you agree to be contacted by the parties involved about the giveaway and for the parties to use the information submitted for any purpose in connection with the promotion only.
4. Giveaway starts on Wednesday 14th August 2019 and closes on Wednesday 21st August 2019 at 11.59am.
5. There will be one winner. The prize includes:
A 48 hour test drive of the All New Jeep Wrangler. Test drive with Charles Hurst Belfast. Age restrictions apply, full UK driving licence required. Retailer-accompanied test drive required before 48 hour test drive.
A surf lesson and/or full-day hire of surf boards and wet suits for 4 people from Long Line Surf School (Benone). Alternatively, a Stand Up Paddleboarding lesson and hire may be agreed between the winner and Long Line Surf School.
An overnight stay in a 4-person~family bell tent at Swanns Bridge Glamping, (Limavady).
6. Entry to the giveaway is by mentioning on any of the NI EXPLORER Facebook or Instagram giveaway posts who the entrant would bring if they won and also liking that giveaway post. Entrants may share the giveaway posts, but this is not a requirement for entry.
7. You can enter on both NI EXPLORER Facebook and Instagram channels to double your chances of winning. Winner will be selected at random across all entries.
8. The winner will be announced after midday Wednesday 21st August 2019, on this page (links will be posted on the NI EXPLORER Facebook and Instagram accounts to the announcement). Winner will be contacted via private message on the respective platform that they entered on and will have 24 hours to accept prize, otherwise a new winner will be drawn.
9. The winner’s contact details will be shared with the various parties involved in the giveaway, to organise a suitable date to for the adventure prize. The prize MUST be taken before 30 September 2019.
10. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternatives in whole or in part are available.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering this promotion you understand that you are providing your information to the parties involved and not to Facebook or Instagram. Your information will not be used for any other purpose than to be contacted if you have been chosen as the winner.
12. NI EXPLORER and the parties involved reserve the right to vary, alter or terminate this promotion due to unforeseen circumstances. The decision of NI EXPLORER is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.